Tips before your blood test
We recommend that you fast before taking the following tests:
- Blood Test XL
- Blood test Advanced (At Home Nurse Visit)
- Blood test Core (At Home Nurse Visit)
- Blood Test Essential
- Diabetes Test
- Heart Health Test
- Kidney Function Test
- Liver Function Test
Ideally, you should sit down and rest for 15 minutes before the test. It is recommended to abstain from physical activity on the day of the test. For repeat tests, try taking the tests at a similar time of day, if possible. Ensure you are well hydrated (refer to fasting section).
What does Fasting mean?
Fasting means that you should neither eat nor drink for 10-12 hours prior to the test. Water and coffee/tea without sugar and milk is permissible, as is all medication (apart from those listed below).
Medication and Supplements
Please refrain from taking the following medication and/or supplements on the day of the test:
- Iron supplements
- NSAID medication, e.g. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac etc.
- Thyroid medication, e.g. Levothyroxine (Levaxin, Eltroxin etc) and Liothyronine (Cytomel)
- Antibiotics (please wait until 3 days after completed treatment)
Please refrain from taking the following supplements 48 hours before taking the test
- Vitamin C
Food and Alcohol
- Avoid fatty foods and alcohol the day before the test.
- Due to the inherent daily rhythm of Cortisol & Testosterone, it is recommended to take those tests before 9 AM.
Go to Homepage.