Tips before your blood test
We recommend that you fast before taking the following tests:
Ideally, you should sit down and rest for 15 minutes before the test. It is recommended to abstain from physical activity on the day of the test. For repeat tests, try taking the tests at a similar time of day, if possible. Ensure you are well hydrated (refer to fasting section).
What does Fasting mean?
Fasting means that you should neither eat nor drink for 10-12 hours prior to the test. Water and coffee/tea without sugar and milk is permissible, as is all medication (apart from those listed below).
Medication and Supplements
Please refrain from taking the following medication and/or supplements on the day of the test:
- Iron supplements
- NSAID medication, e.g. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac etc.
- Thyroid medication, e.g. Levothyroxine (Levaxin, Eltroxin etc) and Liothyronine (Cytomel)
- Antibiotics (please wait until 3 days after completed treatment)
Please refrain from taking the following supplements 48 hours before taking the test
- Vitamin C
Food and Alcohol
- Avoid fatty foods and alcohol the day before the test.
- Due to the inherent daily rhythm of Cortisol & Testosterone, it is recommended to take those tests before 9 AM.
How Werlabs works
Werlabs offers health checks via blood analysis in collaboration with NHS and UKAS accredited labs. Order blood tests that suit your needs and then go to a local NHS clinic or schedule a home visit, anywhere in the UK. Expect your first results within 24 hours.
Take the blood test
at your convenience
Receive first results
within 24 hours
What do our users say?
Our users are overwhelmingly satisfied with our service. 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend.Testimonials